Saturday, February 23, 2008

I would like to be Hank Hill....but am Clark Griswold

The Stout men have a tendency to be Clark Griswold, or at least all the ones that I know.  An overzealous bunch, with a knack for creating a catastrophe out of the smallest household chore.

I am no different.  Last night I tried to install a wall shelf from IKEA.  Disaster soon followed.  I now have 5 holes in my wall and they are already pissing me off.  I don't know how to make the shelf stay.  Oh well.

Don't think I am upset about being Clark....he means well.  And I do too.  Especially towards my family.  They would never know it though.  I am a terrible family member.  I hope I turn out to be a better husband and father than brother and son. 

Here are the reasons I want to be Hank Hill

1)  He owns a house with a superb lawn

2)  He is block captain, and all his friends live on the block.

3)  He stands up for what is right

4)  He is a loving husband and a caring father....in his own unemotional way.

5)   He is a  loyal friend who does not judge

6)   He is a true American.....votes......stops at stop signs......a true law obeyor.

7)   He is passionate about his vocation, albeit selling propane and propane accessories

8)   He knows how to fix cars

9)   He lives by a code(see next blog)


I am sure Clark is a lot of these same things, but without the disaster.  I hope to at least master of these.  I don't think hey would be hard.

2 comments:

angela said...

hey, chevy was hot.
as are you

Melissa said...

oh the stout family men...memories memories